Wednesday, November 29, 2006

there is no line

o.k, i'm going to share something with you to show you how shameless i really am.

i'm sitting at alexander's (local watering hole favoured by the archaeologists) last night, with d. and c.p., discussing the finer points of world issues and sipping on my baileys when a sudden craving grips me. being the obnoxious person that i am, i voice it.
"pickles!
i vant pickles, i vant them bad."
our server overhears. "would you like me to bring you some?"
me: "what?! no, no, it's o.k., i was just joking"
o.s.: "it's no problem at all. i'll bring you a little side plate"
me: "no, really, don't trouble yourself!"
o.s.: "i'll be right back with them"
me: cover my face with my hands and whimper softly, reflecting on my status as the resident weirdo.

of course, she brought them and they were yummy and i forgot all about my shame.
but seriously.

i wonder though...what if i asked for vegetarian spicy italian sausages next time? and some dijon mustard?

k.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, you really are a princess K.

Anonymous said...

i'm afraid so.
k.

None said...

Mmmm, pickles. You should try the Iranian pickles they sell at superstore in the ethnic section, by the indian spices and ghee if I am correct. They are yummy.

Anonymous said...

oooo...iranian pickles...
k.

None said...

P.S. Kasia, your photos are terrific! Art gallery ready baby! I have a question though. The new pics with the ice crystals, is that through a car window or through you suite window?

None said...

Also, where the heck can you buy vegetarian spicy italian sausages?

Anonymous said...

jeremy darling, i adore you!:-)
the window frost is from my apartment, the veg. s.t.s. have been sighted at safeways (st. ives brand)
k.

Anonymous said...

That is totally not how the conversation went! I call artistic licence on that! I am so disillusioned right now :(
-CP

Kasia said...

bring a recorder next time;-)
k.

Anonymous said...

All I have to ask is are the pickles actually a metaphor for something???

-bling bling-

Anonymous said...

not this time bling bling, not this time;-) there were sliced.
k.